2.2K views
Number of Destinations

I contacted getawaydealz.com for a vacation package 4 days 3 nights for $69 in pigeon forge at brookside resort. The company had no problem charging my card but when we arrived I was told we couldn't stay at the resort because I didn't have a major credit card when I told customer service my cars was a Mastercard debit card.I can't cancel without being charged more money so I had to pay a aditonal $129 dollars just to spend the night.Im very disappointed with this company and the rooms at the resort isn't anything I expected.For the money I spent I could have got a nice room.I don't recommend this company at all.Please don't get scammed by this compnay.Lela Casson

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with GetawayDealz. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about GetawayDealz.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare GetawayDealz to other companies on our site.

Comments

I CLEARLY states Credit Card with a credit line NOT a debit!

Pompano Beach, Florida, United States #1031739

That is because you lied, you signed and approved Terms and Conditions that clearly state "NOT" a debit, you signed, you lied and now are complaining!

You went through a very exact verification process when you purchased and in 2 separate places it stated that you HAD to check in with a major credit card, you esigned it AND clicked that you accepted the terms, if you didnt have a credit card why would you accept the terms and conditions, sounds to me like you just wanted to pull one over on the resort. We just got back and had a terrific time, I was posting a good review when I saw this and had to respond

I looked at the Brookside Resort website and I did not see anything about debit cards or even resort fees. Anytime you have a place labeled as resort, there may be an additional resort fee or other charges such as food or drinks that you need a credit card to post so you can pay if you incur it.

Much of the confusion arises because people who use debit cards too often refer to them as credit cards, and people who have had credit cards for years never think about someone only having a debit card. I have had credit cards for years. I would never even think to tell one of my friends they need a credit card to check in.

I would assume they had one. Too often companies do not communicate on this issue, because of the same assumption.