1.4K views
3.0
Number of Destinations

WORST VACATION OF MY LIFE!!!

I don't even know where to start because our experience was so awful.

First off, I want to state that I am very simple and easy to please, but this experience should NOT go unnoticed.

We checked in after welcome center hours on Tuesday February 23rd. At check in they informed us that our tour had been changed from my requested Thursday to a day that I could get at the welcome center the following morning when I finished my check in. Wednesday morning we woke up and went to the welcome center before 10am like I was told and they informed us that we missed our timeshare presentation which was scheduled at 8am that morning without our knowledge. We were able to reschedule for Saturday (our checkout day) which was far from idea considering checkout is at 10a and anyone with 2 small children knows how fun packing up to leave is.

After we finished all of our required paperwork we went back to our room which was beautiful btw. We chose the 2 bedroom villa and i was extremely impressed. With our "do not disturb" sign on the door, not 1 but on TWO different occasions maids walked directly into our room, one of the times I happened to be unclothed. HOW EMBARRASSING considering I'm a plus size woman. On Wednesday night my mother was rushed to the emergency room with whatever flu was going around and was not out by check out. She got to enjoy ZERO parts of her vacation. Due to her being hospitalised I didn't want to stray fast from our room and decided to stick around the resort and utilize the various activities they had to offer. That would have been nice if ALL the activities weren't cancelled, didn't have the supplies needed or were unable to have due to construction and no working sink. Not to mention they wouldn't even let us use the boats, tennis courts or fish because of weather. The car show that we knew nothing about was ok but a bigger pain in the *** because there was NO parking.

Only plus side to our trip was that it was conveniently located next to hospital. We had a HORRIBLE time.

Only good thing I have to say is that Jorge in customer service and Carlos in t.s sales are great. Really, they are the most understanding and nice people ever and need a raise.

After all this we were still considering purchasing a time share and even bought a package but would NOT recommend this place to anyone.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). vrcoon724 is overall dissatisfied with GetawayDealz. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about GetawayDealz.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare GetawayDealz to other companies on our site.

Comments

vrcoon724

I have still received NO follow up regarding my experience. When I called no one helped me and I was transferred numerous times until the phone got disconnected.

vrcoon724

I have called a few times and nothing at all has been resolved.

to vrcoon724 #1175346

Have u contacted an attorney????

#1120301

This vacation has made an ever bigger turn for the worst. We paid cash for a room due to the convenient location next to the hospital where my mother is staying and my youngest daughter spent last night in the emergency room after having a reaction from the high chemical levels in hot tub, which is now closed.

#1119888

Called this morning and talked with management. He told me that it wasn't the right place that would handle my conplaint.

I did get pretty frustrated and took it out on the poor gut on the phone which is out of character, but there has been even more than mentioned in original post.

Like I stated above, we purchased a package during our presentation. Originally the gentleman told us that we could use our 8 days/7nights after we pay our 200$ deposit and there would be small payments of 39$ or so every month until the package was paid off ($999.). The entire package was for those nights and also included 4 more vacations of our choosing.

Like i said he told us we could use our 8day stay at Westgate immediately and with my mother being In the hospital we bought because we have to stay close and do know when she will be out. We stopped at the resort today to pay our remaining balance and to see availability for rooms because of our situation. We were informed we were not able to use ANY OF OUR PACKAGE. What the heck?

It's just been an overwhelming pain in the *** and I'll need a vacation after this one just to relax from the stress this has costed.

What's really bad is that we only came down because we were ready to purchase timeshare. After this I'm pretty sure it won't be with this company.

GetawayDealz
#1119348

Hello, we are very sorry to hear that your resort stay that you booked through us was not a pleasant one. Can you please contact us directly so we may gather some additional details as to which resort your stay was booked at so that we may look into this further?

Please call us at 877-904-1721 and speak with a member of our management team.

They can be reached by selecting option 2. Thank you.