2.6K views

PEOPLE!!! If you try to get this deal from GetawayDealz then please be careful! It's happened to us.

I called to book the reservation for the week of 10/8-10/10 for $99 and agree to go to 90 minutes orientation with GetawayDealz. After spent 30mins+ over the phone with DONNA , I provided all our personal information to DONNA ( such FULLNAME/ DATEOFBIRTH/SSN/ADDRESS/PHONE#/ JOBS INFORMATION/ ...)She charged my card and sent an email for the confirmation.

Two days later, we receive an email from GetawayDealz Reservations

1:48 PM (5 hours ago) stated "Unfortunately we were unable to fulfill your reservation request and have been trying to reach you".

They send an email with a new hotel name : Ridge Crest place...3*** hotel which completely different with what GetawayDealz advertises on Facebook.

I had end up cancel my reservation because the Hotel I was told that we will stay for this deal is Lake Tahoe Resort but it end up RidgeCrest.

The point is not about missing out this deal, but because ALL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION IS NOW OUT THERE! .

GetawayDealz! If any of our information being leak or and any SCAM involved. I will for sure take a legal action against this GetawayDealz!

BE CAREFULLY! Just to express my anger and for WARNING ⚠️ before you provide any of your information to GetawayDealz.

Product or Service Mentioned: Getawaydealz Ramada Room Booking.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 28, 2016.

Comments

How dumb to you have to be to give your SSN to anyone? I have never, Ever, in any vacation have ever been asked for my SSN, that was a red flag, nor my birthday.

Anyone in law enforcement, Commercials for scammers will tell you never give out your ssn, what did you think you were doing?

Signing up with a Credit card? lol people are so stupid and you my friend fall in that {{REDACTED}}

I had a great experience with Getaway Dealz and will use them again very soon.

Oakland, California, United States #1266246

OMG it happened to me too

GetawayDealz
Orlando, Florida, United States #1220194

This is not and a scam and we did not ask for or receive your social security number.

We are sorry that your reservation came back sold out from our resort partner.

We apologize for any inconvenience or concern it caused you. This is unusual, but due to the incredibly low price and response for your offer, your dates were oversold. We notified you promptly of this issue within 24 hours of your booking. This does happen from time to time.

For this reason, we make very clear in our terms and conditions that you signed (and checked off this term while signing).

" If for any reason GetawayDealz.com is made aware that the accommodations or presentation are not available for your selected travel dates in the selected resort, GetawayDealz reserves the right to offer you alternate accommodations (Note: Additional costs may apply for alternative accommodations) or a full refund of the monies collected by GetawayDealz.com."

We indeed offered an alternate accommodation for the same price in a nice property, and you declined to be moved so we refunded you in full.

This is exactly as presented in the agreement you signed.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience or concern this may have caused on your end.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to call us at 877-904-1721.